Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday and General Conference

I haven't written in here for a while and things got rocky the last couple days, and I got way LAZY to write. But yesterday was Easter Sunday and the 180th General Conference. For some reason I couldn't wait til it started because I just want to hear what the Lord wanted us to do and work on. To me General Conference is a yearly meeting of what Jesus Christs tells the prophet what to let us know what we need to start doing what to be prepared for down the road. Even tho that maybe way wrong, that's how I look at it. Well yesterday I woke up early I was going to make breakfast but everyone was still sleeping, I went to my parents to pick up my daughter and it was barley opening prayer when I got to my parents house so I sat there for a lil bit watching it and we left. We got home and I told my daughter to turn the t.v on to the Conference so we can listen to it while we cook and clean. Well I went upstairs and laid back down for a lil bit then I heard I think it was Donald L. Halstorm talking from upstairs and all I heard was something about a death of a baby or child.. I jumped up and RAN down the stairs and told my daughter to turn it up I sat there and listened to his talk I caught it when he was talking about a family who had lost a child and they were very strong in the church but when the child or baby passed I remember him saying they blamed the Doctors and then they turned their backs on the Lord. I was crying sooo hard first because I didn't hear the whole talk and hopefully I see it on a re run or something and because that was my story. Well that's how I felt but totally opposite my husband and I were not strong in the church we did not turn our backs on the Lord we understood that he was taken for a reason. But as I listened to the remaining of the talks that first session I could not stop crying! I was wondering in my head WOW! most of their talks and testimony was on families and tragedy. I thought and told my husband out of all the years I NEVER listened or watched conf. this one was the answer to my prayers. I felt like they were talking about my Life! I needed to watch it to help me cope still and Donald Halstrom said something like " if you never experience sorrow you'll never experience Joy" I think that's what he said but somewhere along that and its true, I look at it as if I NEVER lost my son that I LOVED WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL, I would still be doing the same thing drinking, smoking not going to church keep putting getting my kids sealed off.. But my son did pass away and what worse sorrow can a mother feel in her WHOLE LIFE..is to have a child pass away...and I understand that the HAPPIEST day of our lives will be that day when my family walks into that sealing room and we are sealed for ALL TIME AND ETERNITY! I believe that will be our Joy..After watching this conference this year that REALLY did strength my testimony and I REALLY know that Heavenly Father does hear EVERY single prayer..and that he does live.. I am really happy I was born to my parents and that all of us was put where we are in life for a reason..I look at life at a whole new standpoint now. Its just overwhelming! I LOVE MY SON Alani and until we meet again...Alani you will NEVER be forgotten!!!

4 comments:

  1. LDS. Org will have all the talks online. You can just look up his talk, or you can wait for the May Ensign all of the conference talks will be in that issue. Hope that helps. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vika,
    I love reading your posts. I am very sorry for your loss. You have definitely strengthened my testimony and I hope you will keep expressing your thoughts and testimony here. You never know who you might help.

    Thank you...
    Love,

    Ane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you a lot during conference. I'm so happy the spirit touched you the way it did. You are stronger than you know. Love you Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vika, I love reading your blogs you are such an inspiration... I thought of you during the first sunday morning conference. The talks were perfect for you but for me too, Im soo thankful for your strong testimony through this hard time. You are an amazing woman!
    Love, Tala

    ReplyDelete